February 15, 2009

Montreal woman goes for record 22nd marriage

It has been said that that 50% of all marriages end in divorce. However, if that statistic is an average, then they may want to rewrite the formula because Diana Hsiang is a major skew.

The 26 year old doctor-to-be is now into her 22nd engagement and, if she goes through with the wedding, would hold the Guinness world record for most weddings, beating Linda Lou Essex, yet in a much shorter time span.

When asked about her habit for marrying and then divorcing men, Diana seemed apologetic toward her previous suitors, yet saw no social problem with her actions.

"I don't know. My tastes just change so rapidly! One day I'll love a guy and then next day I'll wake up and hate his guts. I guess I'm just a bit schizophrenic."

Her suitors have ranged from men as young as graduating high school, to men on their deathbeds. Although it was suspected early on that Ms. Hsiang was running a scam, it turned out she never made off with any of her divorcee's assets.

"The money? No it was never about that. It was always about the love."

If one looks at her history, one would quickly conclude that Ms. Hsiang is not attracted to the "common" cast of characters. For example, her 8th husband was a professional dodgeball player convinced he was a pirate. "He was so hot! I think he reminded me of Johnny Depp. I mean, he looked so much like him, and when we went out everyone was always staring. I loved every always thinking I was Johnny Depp's lover!"












Husband number 16 was a Latvian dictator who refused to ever take a carefully crafted metal suit off. "I think that was when I went through my power phase. Power is sexy after all. I mean, how many girls can say they were married to a man with his own country!? He kept wanting everyone to call him "Doctor Doom," but he'll always be my puddy-kins!"











Ms. Hsiang's current husband-to-be goes by the name "Frank" (pictured below with maid-of-honor, Sophie) and runs a small burger shop in old Quebec. He measures a massive 7ft tall. "It's the height. I love tall men. I keep telling him to enter the NBA, but he keeps refusing. It's so cute, all he ever does is grunt at me."



It should be noted that Frank is currently under police investigation for claims of "not being human." Given Ms. Hsiang's history though, it hardly seems like that will stop him from becoming husband number 22.

No comments: