A police raid on a suspected chop shop ended in a bizarre twist early this morning in Toronto's west end. When Toronto police bursted into the privately owned warehouse, they were shocked to find the most bizarre array of automobile modifications they'd ever seen."It was like something out of Alice in Wonderland" said one officer.
Police had been on the search for over 50 stolen cars, as well as entire shipments of Honda, Mercedes, and Audi parts that had inexplicably disappeared from shops across the GTA. However, when they arrived at the scene early in the morning, they found that those missing cars and parts had been combined into strange, albeit unique creations.
"We were immediately suspicious when we saw an old Fiat with what appeared to be snowmobile skis out front" said one officer. "The dogs smelled motor oil so we knew we were at the right place."
Inside, police were shocked to find strange modifications of all sorts.
"There was a car shaped like a shoe, a car that looked like some kind of yellow cartoon rat... far too many for me to name. It's one of the craziest cases I've ever been a part of."
The shop's owner, a Mr. Jason Kwan, was arrested on site and brought to a local police station for questioning. When asked about his bizarre work, he told police "Ever since I saw the Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile, I've had an obsession for modding cars. But it's just such an expensive passion! Then I came up with the perfect solution. Borrow people's boring, everyday cars, and mod them into unique works of art! I don't understand what the problem is here. I was going to return them after I was done, better than new! It was a solution that benefited everyone!"It turns out Mr. Kwan had been involved in a similar incident two years ago in which a woman (who has requested to remain anonymous) parked her Hummer outside her apartment building, only to return the next day and discover her vehicle's tires had been replaced with wagon wheels!

"I'm glad they caught him" she said. "But at the same time, I do get more attention than ever in my new car. They're way better than spinners."
"That was my first work" Mr. Kwan admitted. "I'd just recently been to an Amish village and I just couldn't help myself. That inspiration was too strong to bottle up."
Due to the unprecedented nature of this case, Mr. Kwan is currently being held in custody while the court hammers out its options. In the meantime, the stolen vehicles are being returned to their rightful owners, though some of them are not in the some condition in which they were stolen.
"This is unbelievable" said Ms. Wendy Armstrong after her vehicle was returned. "I used to drive a BMW. Now I drive a pyramid."
No comments:
Post a Comment